Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Dead Bored...

I had a late class today and it was a good long rest that night. As usual my other housemates were up early in the morning. Had a short conversation with them as i was preparing myself for class which goes like this........

Me: Morning man!, what are u doin this early in the morning?
Housemate (1) was playing computer games while he was taking a break from his studies.
Housemate (1): Morning!, arghh..damn! the opponent just scored a goal. Look at this, everytime when you come in, the opponent scores.

From that conversation, my housemate (1) used a Post Hoc Fallacy on me.

The conversation went on.....

Me: Haha, maybe you're just not good enough. You look like you've been playing this game for hours, aren't you tired?
Housemate (1) : Nope, i'm still as agile as a monkey because this game is really interesting.
Me: Ohh..really? How interesting is it?
Housemate (1): Cause it's not as boring as the other games
Me: ??
His words pondered me for a moment. Basically, he used Petio Principii on me. Interesting = Not Boring. Simile was also used in the conversation 'as agile as a monkey' which means he's still very active person.

No comments: